Hi – Welcome to my blog, Grammy Getting Strong.
I am Grammy (Pam). My goal for 2015 is to get physically strong; maybe not Ironwoman strong, but I want to recapture a bit of the feeling I had as a kid, when I could swing by my knees on the monkey bars and climb up high in a tree. However, some form of this goal has been my New Year’s resolution for at least the past 10 years – how can I make this year different? I’m hoping this blog will help keep me accountable!
Starting Out: The Good News:
· I have a wonderful family! Sweet husband Stan, and kids grown up and enjoying families of their own
· I’m pretty healthy. No cancer, since breast cancer treatment in 2010. No major illness or disability.
· I’m retired . I have plenty of time to work on this. (And that means No Excuses!)
|Christmas Day (hair color by Ms Mira Z)|
The Bad News:
· I feel like I’m getting weaker – out of breath on the stairs, can't run, afraid to sign up for a horseback riding vacation
· I know I’m lugging around 20 or 30 extra pounds I don’t need
· I have several annoying non-illnesses: hip pain, itchy skin rash, can't sleep, thinning hair.
|I can be better!!|