Thursday, January 8, 2015

Kale Chips


I’ve been hearing about how great kale chips are since they have become popular, and, gotta say, I didn’t believe it.  Well, today I made some, following a recipe and video from PCC Natural Markets.  Amazing!!  If you closed your eyes and tasted one, you would think it was a potato chip. (I’ll try this on Stan when he gets home from the library.)

Here are mine, before and after.  Trust me, they taste better than they look!


Careful - they don’t require much salt; I came close to overdoing.

I realized there’s an extra benefit in showing you so many photos of my food – besides making the posts look prettier, it means I really have to cook all this stuff instead of just writing about it!  These will go a long way toward my daily three cups of greens.  

P.S.  In the spirit of full disclosure, Stan was less impressed.  He agreed they were like potato chips, but didn't rush to have more as he would if a package of Pringles was lying around, so I ate the rest.  I'll aim for a more attractive appearance next time, like the ones in the video.  I wonder if there's a way to store them for the next day?

No comments:

Post a Comment